We know many types of technical sprays and lubricants that are used daily in households, industry, aviation and shipbuilding. Without being exhaustive, we will list the most used and popular worldwide technical sprays and lubricants. To be most useful, we will start with the problem and then identify the most appropriate product to solve it. If a product has universal use, it will obviously be mentioned more times.
Problem: sticky or rusted metal screw connections.
- WD40. This is perhaps the most common and used spray around the world, having a page on Wikipedia, a Facebook fan page and numerous fan sites. This is due to its universal application. It successfully releases sticky, rusted or frozen screw connections, hinges and other movable parts which became rigid due to prolonged exposure to weather changes or aggressive chemical environment, such as in shipping. Moreover WD40 has many applications in engineering, which will be discussed in solving other problems, and it also has unexpected domestic applications, such as creating waterproof spray on shoes, separating lounging mugs, removing gum from hair, exterminating cockroaches, etc. It is no chance that the product has not applied for a patent in order not to reveal the technology of its production. Its formula is kept secret since it was discovered in 1953. According to the legend, the name of WD40 comes from water displacement 40th attempt, a water repellent compound, 40th attempt to create.
2. Akfix E70. Spray against rust. It is a lubricant and contains MoS2. It releases rusted and sticky connections, such as bolts, screws, nuts, etc. It serves as a rust transformer. It penetrates quickly and easily.
3. Coke. Yes, it really helps. If you don’t believe, you can watch numerous videos on Youtube or try it yourself.
Problem: moisture. Penetration and retention of moisture in places where this leads to corrosion, short circuits and shortening the life of metal parts and rubber products such as tires, seals and, etc.
1. WD40. In fact, it is designed to remove moisture from surfaces treated with it. It also creates a thin transparent layer that gives long-lasting protection from moisture, rust and dirt accumulation. Since it contains no silicone, it doesn’t collect dust.
2. Silicone spray 000795, MOTIP. It is waterproof. It is especially suitable for rubber and plastic surfaces. It is often used for tires, protecting them from the salt sprayed on roads during winter and the direct sunlight in summer. An additional advantage is that sprayed rubber products remain flexible and elastic after spraying.
3. Silicone aerosol spray, MOTIP. Waterproof, heat-resistant spray for rubber and plastic parts. It prevents cracking and aging of tires and the sticking of door insulation in winter.
4. Multispray without silicone, MOTIP. Based on mineral oils, the multispray has high penetration and cleaning effect. It protects from corrosion and repels moisture. It is suitable for lubricating nylon and polycarbonate due to its exceptional delicacy and low level of flowing. It is suitable for defrosting and frost protection.
5. Spray with copper 1100°C. Spray against wear, corrosion, oxidation, pipe and threaded connections, for facilitating the unfolding of battery terminals, automotive spark plugs, brakes (it is applied on the back of the brake pads to prevent squeaking), etc.
Problem: Friction. The need to lubricate moving parts such as chains, hinges, joints, preventing their rapid wear, heating and increased power loss. Lubrication in metal treatment.
1. PTFE Teflon spray, MOTIP. It serves to lubricate and protect locks, mechanisms working in a wide temperature range, electrical parts, chains, automatic antennas, cables, etc. Extremely temperature resistant: from – 50 ° C to +250 ° C.
2. MSS Silicone grease, NN electronics. Silicone-based, suitable for lubricating plastic, metal and composite parts. With constant viscosity and good lubricating properties at very low and high temperatures. Suitable for printers, molds, robots, punches, etc. Other types of grease also work well for lubricating movable parts.
3. Lubricant for drilling and cutting metals without silicone, MOTIP. The lubricant is used in mechanical processing (drilling, cutting, punching) of soft and hard metals and alloys. It is used for cooling and lubrication under extreme working conditions. The condition and quality of working tools, treated parts and the surrounding surfaces is preserved. The lubricant isn’t corrosive and contains no silicone.
4. Spray for lubricating chains and chain transmissions. It is a high quality-lubricating device for chain-driven transmissions, chains, conveyors, etc. subjected to high load, based on mineral oils. It prevents wear and sticking of dirt. It has extreme mechanical and thermal resistance. Water repellent, resistant to acids and bases, with good adhesion.
5. Vaseline spray. For lubricating and protection of metal and plastic sliding and rotating connections, locking parts and mechanisms in cars, industry, furniture industry.
6. Technical Vaseline, NN ELECTRONIC. Lubricant for machinery in food industry, medical devices, etc. Good lubricating properties at low speeds and small loads.
7. Machine oil. The oldest and most tested means for lubricating movable parts. It has a number of disadvantages such as the easy sticking of dust and dirt. If not quite fine, it does not penetrate deeply into the slots of the movable parts. It is highly condensed at low temperature, etc. but it has a relatively low cost and some people prefer it.
Problem: foul engines, carburettors, valves, brakes, electrical contacts, need for degreasing.
1. Spray for cleaning engines, MOTIP. It is enough to spray the engine and wait for the active substance to react. Its decomposing action completely removes grease, oil and dirt. An additional advantage is that the spray has no harmful effect on rubber gaskets and plastics and leaves no traces after usage.
2. Spray for cleaning carburettors, MOTIP. The active liquid in the spray has strongly decomposing function, allowing the carburettor to be cleaned without being dismantled. Non-corrosive and leaves no traces after usage.
3. Spray for cleaning brakes, MOTIP. It is used for cleaning drum brakes, disc brakes, brake pads, brake callipers, etc. It is produced on the basis of aliphatic hydrocarbons. It has strong properties for dissolving dirt.
We can continue with more or less common problems such as stuck old gaskets, need for electrical insulation through spray, etc. but the problems listed above and the suggested means to address them are among the most common in the everyday work of fitters, electricians and other professionals working with machines.